How to install BVCP
- Latest or at least a FreeBSD 12 installed onto your target machine with virtualisation capable amd64 architecture.
- Minimum 250MB of free space on /var/lib for the binaries
- Network interface
- Ensure that you do not have bridge and tap interfaces between number 300 - 900, (tap303, bridge550), BVCP will be use between 300 and 900 to not interfere other applications.
- Ensure that you have a network card that can be used as `Bridged` network or for more advanced setup check the `Configure NAT Network` from the menu.
- Ensure that /var/lib directory is writable and so /etc/rc.conf (file), /usr/local/etc/rc.d (directory), they are normally are.
# 1) Log in to your FreeBSD Box and bring-up a root shell root@vmhost:~ # # 2) Download the latest release fetch https://bhyve.npulse.net/release.tgz or download manually from github page # 3) Extract the archive you have downloaded tar -xzvf release.tgz root@vmhost:~# tar -xzvf release.tgz x bhyve-webadmin/ x bhyve-webadmin/utils/ x bhyve-webadmin/API/ x bhyve-webadmin/install.sh x bhyve-webadmin/Frontend/ x bhyve-webadmin/.git/ x bhyve-webadmin/Backend/ x bhyve-webadmin/update.sh x bhyve-webadmin/Helper/ x bhyve-webadmin/Helper/vmctl ... # 4) Enter and run install.sh cd bhyve-webadmin && ./install.sh root@vmhost:~# cd bhyve-webadmin && ./install.sh Installing BVCP into your FreeBSD Installation within seconds ... Press [CTRL] + [C] to Abort ! ... ██████╗ ██╗ ██╗ ██████╗██████╗ ██╔══██╗██║ ██║██╔════╝██╔══██╗ ██████╔╝██║ ██║██║ ██████╔╝ ██╔══██╗╚██╗ ██╔╝██║ ██╔═══╝ ██████╔╝ ╚████╔╝ ╚██████╗██║ ╚═════╝ ╚═══╝ ╚═════╝╚═╝ Bhyve Virtual-Machine Control Panel under FreeBSD [N] 2021-06-26 22:16:56 | application/vmserver/main.c | Initialising bhyve VM Server Application (+) The Software is producing pseudo filesystem scheme for virtual machines using symlinks Where to create metadata, iso_images, database, config, logs: (Does not need much space), default: [/vms]_> # 5) Enter a path (default: /vms) where some misc data placed, but not for storing virtual disks!! ... (!) Admin Credentials recreated, - User: admin - Password: AXN3jtPt [N] 2021-06-26 22:28:00 | SW | Program exited gracefully... Installation Finished! Navigate: https://[your-ip]:8086 # 6) Installation is should be done, please write down your initial credentials and try access at https://[your-ip]:8086 # 7) Please log-in and manage your account settings, before creation of any VM, please ensure you have added Storage and Network for the VM.